Rara Lake Trekking leads you to the pristine wilderness on the least traveled areas from other main flow of trekkers in a complete natural surrounding with dramatic views of surrounding rolling green hills, lakes and snow-capped peaks.
A fascinating adventure on Nepal’s largest lake and as well the smallest Rara National Park with an area of 106 sq.kms surrounded with coniferous forest dominated by blue pine, juniper, Himalayan spruce, oaks and rhododendron tree lines, with abundant wildlife and habitat for musk deer, other animals found in the park include Himalayan black bear, leopard, Goral, Himalayan Thar, and wild boar.
Snow trout the only fish found in this serene lake where residential Gallinaceous birds and migrant waterfowl are also quite commonly sighted in this area with different species of water birds and ducks.
Rara country largest lake of 10.8 sq.kms with an altitude at 2,990 m, where walk leads from 1,800 m high to above 4,000 m in some areas within Rara National Park.
Our adventure starts with a flight to Nepalgunj city on warmer southwest Nepal to connect another flight to Jumla, where our actual walk begins heading towards high scenic hills past nice looking towns and farm villages of neatly cultivated terraces around Hindu people Roka-Chettris and Thakuri Malla including Brahmins.
On entering Nepal largest Rara Lake with time to marvel its beautiful natural surrounding and then heading back to Jumla via Daphe Lagna scenic pass at 3,691m.
A sweeping panoramic flight brings you back at Nepalgunj to continue air journey reaching at Kathmandu, after a most memorable and exciting Rara Lake Trekking.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Kathmandu with sightseeing tour afternoon fly to Nepalgunj.
- Day 03: Fly to Jumla 2,540 m then trek to Chauriya Chaur 3,055 – 05 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek on route Bota via Jaljala pass at 3,585 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Bota 2, 680m via Sinja Khola 2,440 m -06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Ghorasinga 3,050m near Rara Lake – 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Rara Lake 2,980 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 08: At Rara Lake rest day for an excursion around the lake
- Day 09: Trek to Pina 2,440m via Jhyari 2,635 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Chauta 2,807 m via Ghurchi Lagna pass 3,480 m.
- Day 11: Trek to Khaligaon 3,685 via Tharamara 3,270 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek back to Jumla via Daphe Lagna 3,691 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj and transfer to hotel.
- Day 14: In Kathmandu free day at leisure.
- Day 15: International departure for homeward bound.
The standard itinerary provided is just a guideline, where approx altitude and walking hours can differ, our route leads on least traveled area, this trek will be more of exploration in hidden areas of Far North West Himalaya where some days walking hours and campsite may differ from the above itinerary provided.