- A powerful adventure entering from low warm sub-tropic climate into arctic zone
- An adventurous walk and climb crossing several high passes around beautiful Barun valley
- Explore around pristine Arun and Barun valley on least traveled area by any other adventurer
- A mind-blowing experience around unspoiled villages of Makalu and Arun valley areas
- Adventure from moderate to challenging walks with the superb panorama of the world’s highest peaks
Makalu Base Camp Trek, truly a mind blowing experience on world’s 5th highest mountains base camp, certainly a tough mountain for climbers to reach its rocky pyramid summit top.
Mt. Makalu stands at 8,463 m and 27, 766 ft high, truly a stunning mountain of rock and ice located the west end of Barun valley close to Chamlang and Baruntse peaks within Far North East Nepal Himalaya.
Journey to Makalu base camp trek determined after much preparation and acclimatization with full guidance and excellent logistic and camping support of The Himalayan Guide with our expert guides to lead you to beautiful areas of Arun and Barun and all the way at the base camp of Mt. Makalu and in high spirit with an adventure of a lifetime experience.
Makalu Base Camp trek starts with the scenic flight to warm areas of low eastern Nepal at Tumlingtar located within Arun valley, and then heading higher into cooler hills and exploring local culture of the mountain people of immense interest with simple traditional farm life.
Walk enters into beautiful moss covered forest of dense rhododendron-magnolia-birch-pines-oaks and fir tree lines with views of Makalu and Kanchenjunga peaks, as the walking progress reaching the hidden Barun valley with amazing views of mountain and landscapes full of rich vegetation and rare herb plants are found around this beautiful valley.
Finally our adventure leads you at the base of world 5th highest Mt. Makalu towering at 8,486 meters high just above its base camp, and then after much acclimatization heading towards our goal reaching at the bottom and base of towering Mt. Makalu with amazing views of other adjoining peaks including Mt. Everest with its rare East Face called as Kangsung Face.
After a great time beneath Mt. Makalu feeling high, our journey leads back on the same route to lower warmer areas of Num for the drive to Tumlingtar for a scenic flight back to Kathmandu after an overwhelming adventure climb on world’s fifth highest Mt. Makalu Expeditions.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: In Kathmandu optional tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar 950 m – 45 minutes of flight and camp.
- Day 04: Drive to Num 1, 500m – 03 hrs trek to Seduwa 1,493 m- 04 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Tashi Gaon 2,200 m – 04 hours.
- Day 06: Trek to Kohma Danda 3,500 m – 05 hours
- Day 07: Trek to Mumbuk 3,400 m – 06 hours
- Day 08: Trek to Nehe Kharka 3,750 m – 05 hours.
- Day 09: Trek to Sherson 4, 600 m – 05 hours.
- Day 10: Rest day at Sherson for day hike and acclimatization.
- Day 11: Trek to Yangre Kharka 3,645m – 06 hours.
- Day 12: Trek to Mumbuk – 05 hours.
- Day 13: Trek to Kohma Ridge – 05 hours.
- Day 14: Trek to Nawa Gaon 2,500m via Tashi Gaon -06 hours
- Day 15: Trek to Num via Sedua – 06 hours.
- Day 16: Drive to Tumlingtar via Khadbari 3-4 hours.
- Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 18: In Kathmandu with free days for individual activities.
- Day 19: Transfer to airport for international departure.
The standard itinerary provided is just a guideline, where approx altitude and walking hours can differ, our route leads on least traveled area, this trek will be more of exploration in hidden areas of Far North Eastern Himalaya, where some days walking hours and campsite may differ from mention itinerary provided.
- Guide and Porter(Experienced English speaking sherpa guide) service
- Airport Pick and Transfer
- Kathmandu city guided tour
- Accommodation in Kathmandu hotel also includes breakfast
- Kathmandu - Tumlingtar Round Flight
- Camping equipment (Two men tents, dining tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, down jackets).
- First aid medical kit
- All necessary permits including Makalu Barun National Park permits
- 3 times meal and accommodation during trek
- All necessary paper work and All Government Taxes and Local Taxes
- Farewell dinner
What's not included
- Travel Insurance
- Personal/Extra expenses
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfare and city sightseeing entry fees